2/15/09

excerpt from a letter

Thank you for sending me the detailed info regarding this medal!

I, too, have a fascination with these objects.

I was "indoctrinated" in the catholic religion until age 14, when I had had enough of their false beliefs. (I prob. could not have fully articulated that then, but I clearly knew that I was being told things that were not about the truth). Anyway, my father's side of the family was irish catholic and therefore had numerous medals, rosary beads, prayer cards, etc.  My mother converted to catholicism, after she married my father, from a "protestant" background... and from this I learned about the contradictions in religion. There is an underlying principle in all the religions that has been subverted.  And, I know, at times, the symbols point toward this truth... it is just that it(truth) has been obscured by numerous stories and beliefs, categorized and separated from our true nature.  I'm particularly fascinated by Mary because she represents the feminine nature and has been stripped of her sexual/life-giving nature and "her" original status as the Lover/Mother"'Goddess'". (And her mythology involved the figure of Mary Magdalene as the representation of this principle in relation to Jesus). In other words, the human representation of Mary Magdalene and Jesus is the unification of the feminine and the masculine principles as '"God"'. (I don't like the term "God", better, for me, is Universal Love) ... As a child, sitting in church, I could sense that there was something "more"; something that transcended the negativity that surrounded the culture of religion (all religions). I could sense something shining through the forms.:

i have a strong sense that, "originally", the 2 hearts on the reverse side(of a Mother Mary medal) represented Mary Magdalene and Jesus(Jeshua). We all contain both feminine and masculine nature(s) and we are now in the time of integration of the "2". (as well with the "M" on the cross; "she" was "there", too)

No comments: