6/22/09

Seeing the "other" as yourself

When I was 14 I had a serious skiing accident. I was in the hospital for 5 weeks. I was lucky. I think, looking back, that this was a major eye-opening, "turning point". I, actually, feel that it was more like a heart opening experience. I remember feeling very "seen" by a couple of nurses, and my doctor. One nurse, in particular.

In retrospect, I can see that I started some kind of "search" at this point. Maybe to replicate the feeling that I "thought" I got from that nurse. She seemed to accept me just the way I was. Of course, I did not realize that then. I looked outside of myself for that
love. And couldn't find it because it was In me, all along.

This injury, today, helped me to realize the insignificance of situations (the "things" of life, the form life takes). The connections we have; the Love is All there Is. Seeing the "other" as yourself.

No comments: